YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE (YAC)
Part of the role of Council's Community Development Officer is focussing on Youth Development in conjunction with the Country Health SA Youth Development Officer in the area. Some initiatives undertaken as part of Youth Development in the district include the:
- Annual involvement in and support for Youth Week activities
- Advising of other funding, youth & leadership development available
- Maintaining close liaison with local schools and youth representatives on issues such as youth development and leadership
- Involvement of youth and young people in community planning
- Bus Trips to Whyalla and Port Lincoln occassionally
- Beach Days
- Movie Nights
- Spray Painting Workshops
- Fashion & Photography Workshop
What is YAC
The Wudinna District Council Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) is a group of young volunteers aged 12 to 25 who live, work, study or volunteer in the Council area. The YAC meets every second month to have their say on youth issues and Council projects, events and services.
The YAC is a forum for young people to be visible, valued and involved in shaping the current and future direction of the Wudinna District.
YAC members work with the Council and the community and participate in a variety of projects. These include planning of events, running youth programs and providing input into the services and programs offered by the Council. Joining YAC provides young people with fantastic opportunities for personal and professional development. YAC members receive free training and the opportunity to make a difference for young people in our community.
For more information on the Youth Advisory Committee please phone 8680 2002 or emai email@example.com